9.22.2009

Eh. The Emmys.

Okay, so I don't really get into red carpet fashion. I know, I know, it seems like I would...but to be honest, there's hardly ever anything special on the red carpet. Usually everyone looks just fine (though you wouldn't know it based on the snarky E! Fashion Police segment), but no one looks particularly spectacular. Long, drapey dress, messy up-do...no one really does anything different.

The red carpet fashion at the Emmys started out the same way. But. But! Then I saw January Jones.





It wasn't so much that her dress was ground-breaking. But is was pretty perfect. The art deco details were beautiful (though not everyone loved their corset-y shape) and definitely stood out in a sea of cheesy floral add-ons. The pastel shade looked amazing with the Mad Men star's coloring, and her hair wasn't overdone. She radiated confidence; it was obvious that she was wearing the dress, not the other way around.

There were lots of beautiful gowns on the Emmys red carpet, but January's was my favorite.

Now, of course, some ladies got it all wrong. Sarah Silverman. Padma Lakshmi. Kyra Sedgwick. But a few hot messes are to be expected, and as far as hot messes go, these three weren't even in the top 25 of all time. Where was Bjork and her swan costume?

So, sigh. The Emmys red carpet fashion just didn't do it for me. With the exception of January's deco dress, I didn't see anything all that different from last year. I'm ready for a red carpet with some spectacular hits and misses...and since the Emmys are the last big awards show of the year, I guess I'll have to wait for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment